Thursday, July 08, 2004

Nigritude Ultramarine Experiment Update 7

Just when I think I begin to understand Google, I think they change the rules on me.

Something that has been interesting to note is that I have looked at the caches of many different websites and it appears that Google is slower than normal either updating the caches or os slower spidering different websites. I don't have access to traffic information that shows when Googlebot shows up.

Where do the websites rank?

Yesterday morning the sites ranked as follows:

Nigritude Ultramarine News & Views: 339
Nigritude Ultramarine Control A: 283
Nigritude Ultramarine Control B: 387


This morning, this is how the sites rank:

Nigritude Ultramarine News & Views: 328
Nigritude Ultramarine Control A: 276
Nigritude Ultramarine Control B: 314


Now I'm beginning to think that my initial conclusions were wrong. The question I have to ask is, are the differences in the rankings now significantly different? I am statistically challenged so, I'm not going to be able to tell for sure. My thoughts are they are probably not.

But then, why do these sites that are so similar rank as far apart as they do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home